Monday, December 21, 2009

Full of Cheer! . . .and Ginger!



It's been so busy with catering Christmas parties, family activities, etc . . . and Christmas is just around the corner. Well when you get a chance take a break, do something for yourself, have a girls night or treat yourself to your favorite calorie infested dessert . . . that's what I did. This last Saturday I had a girls night! It was so fun to have friends come over, talk, laugh, and share goodies. I made some yummy mini chocolate cupcakes and my favorite Chewy Gingersnaps - they complimented each other nicely, I must say. These are the ONLY gingersnaps I like and I'm going to share the recipe with you to enjoy! They are so easy and lazy proof; just dump all the ingredients together and mix it up!

Amazing Chewy Gingersnaps
2 cups granulated sugar
1.5 cups softened butter
1/2 cup unsulphored molasses
2 eggs
4.5 cups flour
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1.5 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix it all together, refrigerate for 30 min. Roll into 1 inch balls, roll each ball in granulated sugar to coat before placing on baking sheet. Then bake at 350 for 8-11 minutes, ie till BARELY golden brown. If baked TOO long these Amazing Chewy Gingersnaps may turn into Ginger-SNAPS without the Amazing Chewy part.
So I guess I fibbed . . . just a little though . . . the ONLY hard part about these cookies is baking them for the right amount of time. I usually bake mine for 10 minutes but every oven is different and some people like to make their cookies bigger. I make 1 inch balls which make 2 inch cookies that I bake for about 10 minutes and I'm happy with the result. So you can tweek it a little to get the result you like.
If you would like some Amazing Chocolate cupcakes to go with your Amazing Gingersnaps for your New Year's Eve party or just for fun, give me a call!
The Cupcake Company 208-360-2272

1 comment:

  1. Dear Johnny,Heidi,Gunner,Jack,
    Happy Christmas Eve!Gunner and Jack have
    been waiting for Santa's visit. Be Ready!
    Thanks for sharing
    your Gingersnap recipe.Give your family a kiss
    and hug under the mistletoe.
    Love Grandpa and Grandma in Anchorage,Alaska

    ReplyDelete