Saturday, September 26, 2009

Nothing like a Cupcake High . . .



Sticky fingers, little mouths smeared with frosting and chocolate, eyes that light up as they run back and forth over the smooth swirled frosting, crisp clean white boxes with cupcakes tucked neatly inside. I just LOVE "the pause," in someones footsteps as they try to continue onward and finally, the capitulation when I offer to tell them about our flavors. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it because I have felt the exact same rapid succession of thoughts when I pass by a bakery or see piles of cookies strategically displayed. It's a dream and who doesn't want to share that with others? I'm having so much fun and I just want to say THANK-YOU!

Though, sometimes I wonder if I'm the ice cream man that brings joy in the hot dusty summer afternoon or the wicked witch in the gingerbread house enticing calorie-conscious adults away from the stale trail of bread crumbs to come feast at my door. I prefer the anecdotal parallel of the ice cream man, it's a better example for my children to emulate.

I know this is hard to believe but I did almost double the amount of cupcakes I brought and we still sold out quicker than I anticipated. So next week I'm doubling it again!

Thanks, to Omie Drawhorn from the Moscow Pullman Daily News, she interviewed me this morning for an article in their business section. I was SO nervous, I was the biggest dork ever I'm sure; but Omie was so chill and easy going, she was a natural. Unlike me, I don't think I could have spelled my name if she asked me. So look for an article on The Cupcake Company in the paper :)

And I'm so glad that Nate and his girlfriend, Kristy, found me this week! They came looking for me last Saturday and I was in a different spot. They had my cupcakes the weekend before last Saturday (confused yet?) and were so excited they came back again and couldn't find me; so they emailed the Saturday market people to get my contact information. Talk about people who know what they like and take care of business, work-it! It was great to meet you two!

No comments:

Post a Comment